I’m Marinda. My boudoir business started in 2009. A friend of a friend asked if I would be interested in doing photos for her to send to her boyfriend stationed overseas. I jumped at the chance to give a try. I was instantly hooked. It wasn’t until a year later that I had another shoot with another friend who was at a time in her life that she was ready for a change. Living in a small midwestern town, not everyone really got the concept of what boudoir photography was! After that second shoot, I knew I was going to be doing many many more boudoir shoots. Friends of that friend saw her photos and booked shoots. It snowballed into the thriving business it is today. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure this is real life! I mean, my shoots are fun!
I love what I do. Seeing a timid client come through my studio doors, go through the process of hair and makeup, take a deep breath and pose for that first shot, and then seeing her relax into herself and to simply have fun. It’s THE best!
My clients are real. Soccer moms. New brides. Single women. Grandmothers. Size 2 or 22. I love working with everyone! I firmly believe that every woman is beautiful. It’s my mission to prove it!
Some random facts about me:
- I married my handsome hubby, Jason, after only knowing him for eight months. We have three beautiful kiddos, Emerson, Olivia, and Luke. They are my world.
- I love Coke, red wine in the winter, white wine in the summer, and Big Red! Oh, and beer… but who knows what I might like on any given day!
- I am utterly in love with my two English Bulldogs, Bexley and Bailey. Odds are that I will find a way to work them into conversation at least once during our shoot. 😉
- I have terrible handwriting. It’s horr.i.ble. So tragic.
- I’d rather have chips and salsa over chocolate any day.
- I am an oiler! Young Living all. the. way. I’ll probably find a way to talk about those in our shoot, too. 😉
- I am a slob. Seriously. My desk is in a constant state of disarray. I hate cleaning. Ask my hubby. 😉
- I am always watching something while editing. 9 times out of 10 it’s either Grey’s Anatomy or Gilmore Girls on Netflix or Fixer Upper on HGTV.
- I love Fixer Upper so much, it inspired my hubby to put shiplap all over our house. SHIP. LAP.
- I will listen to just about any music… except new country! 90’s Country has my heart, though!
- I can roll my tongue, but I can’t whistle.
- I have a gap in my front teeth. And I love it. Ummm, Madonna has one. Therefore, it’s way cool.
- I embarass my kids constantly by saying things like “that’s way cool”. They’re so embarrassed for me. All. The. Time.
- I love all things Disney. Mickey is my guy. At any given moment, I would probably rather be at Walt Disney World. If this whole being a photographer doesn’t pan out, I would happily become a Disney travel agent. It’s likely we’ll talk about Disney during our shoot, too. haha
- I never in a million years thought I’d be a photographer. But looking back at my life, I realized I always was. I was always taking photos and directing people on how to pose.
- I’m 100% self taught. I’m always learning my craft.
- I’m a fluffy girl. We could start a roadmap with the stretchmarks on my body. I have more cellulite than I know what to do with. You won’t find any six-packs on my abdomen. But, you know what you will find? A confident person who accepts and loves her body. It took me a long time to learn to love me. I want to help you learn to love you. 🙂